Turin and Biella, IT
MA - Dutch Art Institute*, Roaming Academy, Art Praxis programme of ArtEZ University of Art, Arnhem, NL. 2017 - 2019
BFA - Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam, NL. 2009 - 2014
2011 - 2014 - Audio Visual department (VAV)
Exchange Program - Bezalel Art and Design Academy, Jerusalem, LI
Second semester 2013 - Fine Arts department
Single study curses (CFU credits, Italian credit system), Academy of Fine Arts of Brera, Milan:
Didattica dell’Arte (art didactic forms), tutor Italo Chiodi, 2021;
Tecnologie dell’Educazione (educational technologies), tutor Francesco Cappa, 2021;
Fondamenti di Psicologia (terapeutica), 2021-2022 (psychology fundamentals, therapeutic field).
2020 > ongoing - ISTERIKA ISTORIKA, open reading group on feminist/transfemminist narrative and theory; in collaboratio with Caterina Giansiracusa and Denise Cappadonia at the queer bookstore Nora Book and Coffee (Turin).
2021 - ongoing - duo Resta Qui Airlines, multidisciplinary performance and socially engaged art, collaboration with Kim Forni.
2018 > 2020 - Collaboration with the independent organization Better Places aps in the managing of HYDRO, independent space for music and culture, hosted by Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto (Biella). Hydro is based on the work of volunteers; until 2020, doors opened weekly for clubbing and concerts, social and artistic projects, collective research, hosting groups seeking space for assembly. I worked in the managing team for internal communication, brainstorming, event production, the bar.
2015 > 2017 - active member of the co-working space LABORATORIO ARTISTICO PIETRA (Turin), for practitioners in the arts, it opened to the public for printing, photography and performance workshops, music and cinematic events. I worked on the organisation of events, internal and external communication.
main working experience
Sept>Oct 2022 - tutoring and production Socially Engaged Art practice, Artistic Research at Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto - ARC (Biella), International Curriculum in Fine Arts, collaboration with ArtEZ University of the Arts (Arnhem).
July 2022 - logistics and care for Dutch Art Institute, study period in Dro, Centrale Fies (IT).
June 2022 - tutoring and production for STARTS 4 Water academy, residency Water as Infrastructure, Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto, exhibition Arte al Centro, July 1st.
June 2022 - inteviews and text for Biella Città Arcipelago mapping of sustainable enterprisings in Biella, Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto.
March and August 2022 - logistics and care for Dutch Art Institute, study period in Bergamo, BACO Base Arte Contemporanea Odierna (IT).
Oct>Nov 2021 - Research assistant for artist David Bergè (B / GR), research project on the industrial context of Bialetti company (Omegna, IT); interviews, translations, logistics.
Sept 2021 - tutoring and production Socially Engaged Art practice, Artistic Research at Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto - ARC (Biella), International Curriculum in Fine Arts, collaboration with ArtEZ University of the Arts (Arnhem), research residency for IV year students.
June>Dec 2020 - With independent organization Better Places aps, mapping of sustainable activities on the territory for the project Biella Terzo Paradiso by Cittadellarte (Biella); establishing contacts, interviews and archive.
July 2019 - Didactic tutor, documentation and logistics for UNIDEE residency module Summer Camp 2019 - Climate Action, with Fernando Garcia Dory, Luigi Coppola and Brett Bloom, curated by Valerio del Baglivo, Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto.
Sept>Dec 2018 - Archival research at Archivio Storico Olivetti (Ivrea, IT), text translation on the work of Ettore Sottsass for researcher Sven Lutticken, for the production of an article (Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami, USA).
July>Oct 2018 - Cultural mediator at Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto, Biella, in collaboration with Fondazione Zegna, Trivero. UNIDEE residency Expanded Body 2 - Inhabiting Time, curated by Andrea Caretto and Raffaella Spagna. Production of an interdisciplinary manual for tour guides to be used inside the Oasi Zegna.
Aug 2017>Jan 2018 - Assistant of production for artist residency viadellafucina16, condominio-museo (Turin). Production of the exhibition “I ragazzi di viadellafucina”, Turin Artweek 2017; text translations, international communication, funding applications.
March>June 2017 - Assistant of production at the artist residency Hotel Maria Kapel, Hoorn, NL. Manager of production for the residency of Alanna Lawley, exhibition “What is.”, 23rd of June 2017.
- April>May 2022 - Sentieri di Partecipazione (path of participation), a program on mapping, outdoor perception and environmental politics with the Youth Municipal Councils, by Resta Qui Airlines and Dragolago (Civic Europe), Lago d’Orta area (IT).
- April>May 2022 - Pianta dello Scontrollo (plant of scontroll), a program on mapping, outdoor perception and inclusive politics, at Sacro Monte di Orta, with the primary school second grade of Orta San Giulio, as part of Verde Vivente (Mastronauta).
- Feb>June 2022 - Clay workshop for kids at Scuola delle Terrecotte di Ronco Biellese (Biella, IT).
- expected - spring 2023 - Bulegoa b/z, Bilbao.
- July 2019 - Towards an Expanded Landscape tutored by Fernando Garcia Dory, UNIDEE Summer Camp 2019 Climate Action, together with Luigi Coppola and Brett Bloom, at Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto.
- October 2018 - Pattern Integrity, UNIDEE residency module at Cittadellarte - Fondazione Pistoletto, curated by Amy Franceschini and Lode Vrenken (Future Farmers collective).
- June 2022 (23-24) - CROSS Festival, Voli Radicali, a performance by Resta Qui Airlines (Ameno, IT).
- Dec 2021 - Isterika Istorika at Volumes book Fair (Zurich).
- September 2021 - Resta Qui Airlines, installation for didactic activities for primary schools, Forum di Omegna, collaboration with organization Dragolago and Mastronauta (Omegna).
- June 2021 (20th) - Resta Qui Airlines, performance and permanent video installation opening in the context of Verde Vivente, outdoor environmental project, curated by organizations DragoLago and Mastronauta (Omegna).
- June 2019 (30th) - Radio Mutiny, group project DAI Roaming Assembly #26 - Radio Mutiny, curated by iLiana Fokianaki, Cagliari.
- June 2019 (28th-29th) - Flowingfloating nell’Oscurità, performance, within the series of performances Go Somewhere I don’t Know Where, Bring Me Something I Don’t Know What, COOP study group Curating Positions, the Logics of Montage, DAI COOP Summit 2019, in collaboration with the school of launeddas of Villaputzu (CA), Ex-Manifatture Tabacchi, Cagliari.
- June 2019 (25th) - Celluloide Traces, screening and live conversation, DAI COOP Summit, COOP Curating Positions, collaboration with Cineteca Sarda of Cagliari, curated by Sara Cattin and Vinita Gatne, Cineteca Sarda, Cagliari.
- May 2019 - Maintenance of What? part2, performance, DAI Graduation Acts 2019, Silent Green, Berlin.
- 2018 - performance Maintenance of What?, DAI Kitchen Presentation, Artez, Arnhem.
- 2018 - REALTY, scripted presentation, DAI COOP Summit 2018, Circuits and Currents, Athens.
- 2017 - 2018, Resta Qui Airlines, performance, UFO Festival, Mastronauta, Omegna, IT.
- 2016 - Loro degli Idioti, performance, exhibition Here, Cavallerizza Irreale, Turin.
- 2016 - The Lost Fortunes and Fuck Karma, curated exhibition at Laboratorio Artistico Pietra, Turin.
- 2019 - “Stay with the Shepherd”, online article for NERO Editions, extract from the Master thesis in Art Praxis at DAI “Reconnect, and stay alive. Leaving behind the idea of domain at the passage of roaming shepherds”, August 2019.
- 2019 - pamphlet “Gara Poetica Sarda, Buggerru 1913, Maria Farina di Osilo”, curated by Sara Cattin and Sara Benaglia, produced in the context of the DAI workshop Island Partisan, Anarchists, Bandits and Pirates: Local histories as a guide for politically conscious practices, presented at DAI Roaming Assembly #25: Radio Mutiny, convened by iLiana Fokianaki, Cagliari.
Dutch Art Institute - DAI proposes an intersection between art and theory while roaming throughout Europe.
In 2017-18 I attended: How to Do Things With Forms, theory seminar by Sven Lutticken, a study on the notion of social and political forms; the COOP study group REALTY, analysis on the processes of gentrification in connection to the art system, tutors Tirdad Zolghadr, Rachel O’Reilly, Katya Sander.
2018-19: theory seminar Uncomputable, by Antonia Majaca; Factory workshop Island Partisans, Anarchists, Bandits and Pirates ~ Towards Roaming Assembly #26 , collectively curated by iLiana Fokianaki and DAI students, hosting a temporary radio station and talks about socio-political resistance within and outside the arts; COOP study group Curatorial Positions - the Logic of Montage, student lead classes and collective curatorial projects, tutored by Leire Vergara, Marwa Arsanios, and Leon Filter, partner: Bulegoa z/b (Bilbao).